RE: [HoE] Apocalypse Now - Weapons errata (Hal, Hopler, etc.)

<snip>
> The Hellstromme Industries SAW (Squad Assault Weapon, I assume) uses 12 mm
> ammo... why?  The only 12mm ammo I know of is a 12.7mm Russian round used
in
> their heavier machine guns.  That's gotta be one big damned gun.  Also,
the
<snip>

The Russian 12.7mm Machine Gun is their equivalent of our M2 .50 cal MG.
The caliber is actually just slightly larger than the .50 cal.  This allows
them to use our ammo in their MG but not vice versa.  Commonly done in
Vietnam IIRC.

Jim H.