[HoE] Starting Syker Powers

I'm confused about starting powers and the rules detailing their choosing
out of Brainburners.
To make it short and sweet, as I read it a Syker chooses a specialty and
then selects his powers from the HOE main rulebook on a one for one basis
for each level he has in Blastin'.

Well, this seems awfully limiting, in that if a Biokineticist wanted a
cool power like say Brain Bomb, he can't get it until he adventures some
and teaches it to himself since it's not one of the powers from the core
rulebook.  Is this correct?

Not to mention that the archtypes in BB have several powers from the new
book as opposed to just choosing from the HOE main book.  Even though as
it states in BB on page 37:

	......A syker may start with any power listed in the Deadlands:
Hell on Earth rulebook--those are considered the basic powers available
to all sykers.......

Or am I just reading to far into it, and that statement simply indicates
that the powers from the HOE main book are open to any Syker regardless
of specialty, and when choosing starting powers, it may be from BB also?

Thanks for any help on this one.

Judas Stone

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]