Re: [HoE] relic sword

> << is this ok for a 5 point relic sword.
>   1) gives user the quick thinker edge( from martial arts book)
>   2) gives user lvl 3 celerity(templer power)
>   3) does wind to undead >>
>
> 	Okay..Lemme think.. NO!!?? First of all, you don't get edges, or
> templar powers from swords!!! Now wind to undead?? I don't believe that
> undead take wind.. I would of course have to check my books.. Sure it
could
> DO wind, but it wouldn't have any effect. Now, is this from belongin's or
> harrowed power? This is a big difference!! Now if you wish to not suffer
> further insults and a lack of respect, you might wish to do the
following. 1)
> Use proper capitilization and punctuation, 2) Specify things further, 3)
Not
> suggest stupid things. Now, G'night.
>
> 	-Lucifer Whateley

Feelin' a bi grumpy, Lucy? ;)

Here are my thoughts on the matter.  IIRC, Undead can suffer wind, provided
the wind damage was inflicted from a supernatural source (soul blast, for
example, does wind to harrowed).
	There is also precedent for the second ability.  Check out Ghost Dancers;
I don't remember the name of the favor/ability, but it allows you to imbue
fetishes (relics) with various powers, some of which include Shaman favors.
 In this specific case, I'd say it depends on the origin of the relic.  If
it is a harrowed relic, and this is consistent with the Harrowed's nature
(for example, if the harrowed has the Level-Headed edge), sure.  It seems
consistent, and a bit more characterful then "Hmm...I raise my level in
Relic- my sword does STR + 5d6 now, guys."
	If the Relic is provided through the Belongings edge, I don't see any real
problem with it, to be honest.  Remember, level 5 Belongings is something
worth $5000.  That's either a whole *hell* of a lot of ammo, or this sword.
 Seems fair.

B.D. "Splunge" Flory