Re: [HoE] relic sword

In a message dated 4/19/99 10:44:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bflory@frontiernet.net writes:

<< Feelin' a bi grumpy, Lucy? ;)

 Here are my thoughts on the matter.  IIRC, Undead can suffer wind, provided
 the wind damage was inflicted from a supernatural source (soul blast, for
 example, does wind to harrowed).
 	There is also precedent for the second ability.  Check out Ghost
Dancers;
 I don't remember the name of the favor/ability, but it allows you to imbue
 fetishes (relics) with various powers, some of which include Shaman favors.
  In this specific case, I'd say it depends on the origin of the relic.  If
 it is a harrowed relic, and this is consistent with the Harrowed's nature
 (for example, if the harrowed has the Level-Headed edge), sure.  It seems
 consistent, and a bit more characterful then "Hmm...I raise my level in
 Relic- my sword does STR + 5d6 now, guys."
 	If the Relic is provided through the Belongings edge, I don't see any
real
 problem with it, to be honest.  Remember, level 5 Belongings is something
 worth $5000.  That's either a whole *hell* of a lot of ammo, or this sword.
  Seems fair.

 B.D. "Splunge" Flory >>

	I'm definetly feeling grumpy tonight.. People who jump straight to
the question, and then use horrid grammar, and don't even provide details
truly annoy me.. They remind me of seven year olds playing AD&D, and then
talking about how games like Deadlands suck (Yes this did happen!!).
	Yes, I know they do damage to undead.. I thought me might have been
referring to the more or less mindless ones, like Toxic Zombies, Walkin'
Dead, etc. I don't believe these take wind, simply because they feel
nothing.. Could harrowed take wind damage? Yes. Could Walkin' Dead? No.
	Now, I don't have Ghost Dancers, so that was entirely my fault.  Now,
it would definetly have to go with the character, otherwise that would be
plain idiocy. =-} It indeed does sound much better than a bonus to damage
indeed...
	Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on this, but my players take great
advantage of these edges, so I have limited their powers. Now.. Under any
circumstance, the player would have to come up with a great background!! No,
"My dad gave it to me before the war, and then it got it's powers! Come on!!
Be fair!!" Well, now that I've said my piece, just be reminded....Being a
munchkin, will get you lynch mobbed!!!!

	-Lucifer Whateley