Re: Black Hats Kevlar (was Re: [HoE] [Hopler] EMP vs. Black Hats)

At 07:11 AM 6/4/99 PDT, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 6/3/99 8:08:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
>>crow_steve@hotmail.com writes:
>>

>*shrug* I guess I'm not seeing why any of the suggestions (consistently
>devaluing Vests everywhere to the value of, say, a Large Knife via Glutting;
>tossing in more emphasis on hit location and bookkeeping; having BHs burn up
>towns that buy Kevlar Vests, etc.) make more sense than...
>
>...ignoring the word "Scavenged" in the BH entry and assume that the
>standard Throckmorton policy of rigging guns and vehicles apply to armor as
>well.  As someone noted, if anyone has stable C-4 (and that's the explosive
>in the guns and vehicles anyway, ain't it?), it would be the Combine.
>
>Granted it's arbitrary devaluing, but at least it's internally logical with
>Combine tactics to date.

Well, for one, WHY NOT let them have some reward? For fighting black hats
on a consistent basis, they deserve some small break. They're probably
picking up an Enemy:Combine Hindrance, they CAN'T use the guns or ammo or
vehicles, and looked at the right way, selling them IS an opportunity for
roleplaying, especially if you've got a road warrior in the posse; trading
is what they DO.Alternatively, since bullets are the common form of cash,
they've got to do some trading; the dealer that wants the vests has nothing
but nine mil, and your posse is toting .357s, .45s, and your syker really
wants some gyrojet rounds for his TSAR, so they've got to track down that
gun dealer on the other side of town, who may or may not be a combine spy...

Phil