[HoE] Templar/Swordfighting ?

Maybe it's just me, but...

The Templar book, Page 62, "Way of the Sword" talks about the Feint
maneuver.  Basically, you add your _opponent's _Fightin'_ skill level to
your roll to hit, but subtract the same skill level from his roll to damage.

But according to the basic rulebook (pg. 93), when you roll to hit in HTH,
against an opponent with a HTH weapon, you add the appropriate
Fightin'/Aptitude level to your TN of 5.  So if he's got a Fightin'/Sword 4
and he's defending with that sword, your TN is 9.

Maybe we're missing something, but doesn't the Feint simply cancel out the
penalty your opponent applies to your roll-to-hit?

The Feint entry seems to be worded a bit awkwardly, so we weren't sure if
this was the case.  Wouldn't it have been simpler to simply say, "Your TN to
hit is no longer modified by your opponent's Skill Level - subtract a like
amount of damage." or words to that effect?

Or is there something else at work here?

---

Steve Crow

"Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"

Check out my website at:  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/4991/