[HoE] Before I get too behind...

I thaught I'd post the adventure I ran last Sunday
before tomorrow's game.

Quick re-rundown of the posse:
Andrew Randall - Randy, Scrawny, Stubborn mechanic.
Has sports car. Only driver of posse (irony, he's the
only one who doesn't drive of the players - other'n
his younger brother who also plays). He loves
throwin': wrench as an attack. Intent on being leader
of the posse.

Bubba - Andrew's player's younger brother plays Bubba.
Bubba's just a generic shotgun-man, but he'll become
more as the story progresses (maybe). I wrote the
character less'n 12 hours before the game [night of
the day before]. He's bloodthirsty, vengeful, and a
grim servant o' death.

Jimbo - loudmouth Yankee. The gang started in former
CSA territory (Yuma, AZ). Jimbo's from Syracuse NY.
Another shotgun weilder. Heroic, BigMouth, Husky.
Intent on being a leader of the posse.

Hung Lo - martial artist. Also has a pistol and
shurikens. Stubborn. Obligation to Warlord Kang IX [my
name for current ruler of Kang's former territories,
since I don't see a mention].

Pierre Sangfroid - former CSA demoltionist, a veteran
of the Faraway War. He's overly cautious, and stood
too close to the artillery in Faraway (bad ears:
mild). Only Veteran of the posse, the rest don't even
have Veteran o' the Wasted West [yeah, I created
characters w/o VotWW].

Well, it starts out in a small townish development.
The posse is running low on gas and needs to refuel -
fortunately, Andrew has 11 gallons in the trunk! As he
steps out, he is approached by a man, "There's a fine
for driving through our town. Your car will do
nicely". Guy#2 stands at the other side of the car. Lo
jumps out of the car and throws a Shuriken at Guy#1.
Misses. Guy#2 draws his shotgun. Bubba and Jimbo jump
out of the car and pound the guy. Guy#1 draws a pistol
and fires at Andrew - and missed.

My version of "innocent" bystander rolls: If no
innocents around, all those in the path roll 1d6. If
any roll a 1, they're candidates for stray lead. Sure
enough, Guy#2 rolled it and got hit in the chest for 4
wounds. Eh. He fell. Bubba grabs his shotgun out of
the car and fires at Guy#1, hitting him in the head, 6
wounds. Cool death, let's advance the story. Guy#2
passes out and is castrated by Jimbo. Guy#2 then dies
of excessive blood loss (maybe make him a Harrowed
enemy of Jimbo when I want to introduce him back? Dead
Man's Hand harrowed variant?)

"There they are! Right there!" some folks down the
street scream. A car and 2 hoverbikes come after the
posse. They all jump back into the car and drive off.
Note: They haven't refilled the gas tank yet. Jimbo
refuses to let anyone fire their weapon, in case the
chasers are good guys. Andrew does a few nice evasive
maneuvers, but doesn't lose 'em. Bubba does a lot of
fist shakin' out the window (a nice combo of overawe
and ridicule, I let him use overawe for the roll).

Andrew runs out of gas as he gets to the remains of
Yuma Federal Penitentary. (Btw, adventure based on
"The Shape of things to come". And one of the posse
members had seen Alien 3 the night before. They run
into the building through the hole caused by the bus'
mishap [see adventure. A school bus crashed into the
prison].  The chasing gang, consisting of 7 dudes - 2
unarmed, 2 pistoleros, 2 pump-shotgunners, and an
auto-shotgunner ["Eyebiter"], followed them.

"You hurt our mayor. He died recently. You must pay:
we need Whiskey," said the leader (Eyebiter). Posse
had a no-can-do attitude (they didn't have any
Whiskey). The sound of a dropping pot was heard in the
kitchen; Pierre and Lo went to investigate. They found
nothing, but an open air vent in the ceiling. Lo saw
nothing when he looked up. They went back to the room.
One of Eyebiter's goons saw that the incident was
going nowhere, and decided to open fire with his
shotgun. Jimbo promptly wasted him with a shotgun. Lo
and Andrew took cover and fired a shot or two each
from behind tables during the combat; Pierre dropped
the 2 unarmed dudes (well, they had sharpened
hubcaps): one died, one wounded. Another shotgunner
was deaded by Bubba, and Eyebiter got a point-blank
range shotgun to the head from Jimbo.  The two pistol
men dropped their guns and raised their hands. The
posse let 'em go. They did, and took their wounded
comrade - and their car - with them.

After exploring the grounds, including both
cellblocks, the chapel, and the warden's office, they
ran into the Shape. They did fancy maneuvers with
climbin' down and up in the cellblock and escaped,
only to run into 2 walkin' deads (my own addition).
Jimbo knocked out their left legs, and Andrew killed
'em both.

The posse then realized, having run into 2
supernatural sources, they had to leave - pronto.
Pierre, a former CSA demolitions man, agreed to blow
up the building with Lye found in the kitchen. Bubba
and Jimbo hotwired the hoverbikes and took off, Lo and
Andrew got in the car, leaving the passenger door
open. Pierre set the explosives, ran into the car, and
Andrew took off before he could shut it. He shut it
before the escaped, the building blew, and they all
took off. The "Jimbo Gang" [temporary name] is gonna
stop next in "Needles, CA", a town mostly destroyed
that's being reconstructed. An autogarage and a church
are what remains of pre-war buildings, and a few
others are under construction, including the "Eye
Saloon":

The Eye Saloon is owned by a Ravenite named "William".
William ran a gamblin' establishment in Deadwood
before the war.  [btw, this is a HUGE reference to
nothing revelant to them. Anyone in the posse who
figures out that "Eye = I = 9th letter of the
alphabet" and No9 Saloon was where "William" (Bill)
Hitcock was killed in Deadwood gets a red fate chip.
Please tell me that I got the # of the saloon right!

Phew! Lemme know what you think.

=====