Re: [HOE] Massive Damage ... lookin for a good discussion ...

> > The main problem is that the new rules are an _extreme_ headache to
> > calculate.
>
>A version of Massive Damage where armor works more or less like it does
>normally is a headache to caclculate? And you were dropping dice off under
>the
>old system, this just works a little different.

Unless armor is the same on all locations that the "new" Massive damage
hits, yes, because you have to reroll and recalculate it for each location
that has different armor.

Under the old rules it's very simple - 1 pt. of armor reduces 1 Wound.  If
you have 2 light armor, roll a 2 or less. If you have 4 light, roll a 4 or
less.

>Then again, I'm the one who didn't have a problem with the math in the
>Junker
>rules. But the new Massive Damage rules don't require a calculator, and
>having
>played AND run with both systems, they both take me the same amount of time
>and trouble to calculate, in my experience.
>	-Loki

See previous example.  It is not that it is difficult to calculate, it is
that there are _more_ calculations to roll.  Math is not relevant here as an
issue - only the amount of die rolling necessary.  As per previous example,
a 6d20 damage massive explosion under the old rules requires you to roll...6
dice.  Period.

Under the new rules, you have to roll 6d20 (or 10, or 8, or 6) for each
location and potentially for each target.

Unless you're using a computer and/or some kind of micro for die-rolling
(you say you're not using a calculator above), I'd be curious to know how
you roll 6d20 as quick as you roll 80-90 d6/8/10/20s

---

Steve Crow

"Worm Can Opener Extraordinare"

Check out my website at:  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/4991/