Re: [HOE] Road Warrior Second Chance!!!???

I like yours, though for the Legend power I'd perhaps have the Templar just
get an extra number of cards equal to his Faith and, if he comes back, an
equal bonus to Dominion. Otherwise it just seems too powerful.

> amount of time related to faith. I'd take the guess that the player has to
> name the skill and can't change it once they've made their choice.
Otherwise
> it's obscenely powerful. Perhaps it can only be used on a friend who

Yeah, I've specified that now.

> I can't exactly remember what duct tape does but this ability would wither
> come in a lot of handy or be totally useless. This one I don't have any
> particular objections to (gee, I really feel like I'm bad-mouthing you
;)).

Basically, you can just sort of magically fix Durability steps to an object.
All you need is components and a good Spirit roll.

> Even with the ability to cast this once per day the blue chip ability
seems
> to be siding on the "powerful" side. I'd either say that it should have a
> disadvantage attached to it, such as either
> a) the players can't use chips to cancel wounds
> b) if they do something (say, use an arcane ability) it shuts down
> c) this ability also affects the bad guys (the whole mercy thing)

I changed this to the Legend Chip ability. The new Blue chip ability is as
follows:
Blue: For the Templar's Faith in minutes, each piece of jewelry worn around
the Templar's neck grants him 1 level of Armor (2 if it's a religious item,
such as a cross). Add 1 level if the item is actually gold. Each piece of
jewelry on the hands or arms grants a 1d4 damage bonus when fighting with
your fists (2d4 if the item is gold).

Alternately, you may spend a Blue Chip to invoke the Greater Reward of Lay
on Hands even if you don't have it. You still have to roll as normal, but
you can use it even if you've already used it on that person within 24
hours. T had to fight the battle of his life against cancer, so he knows
what it's like to have faith in a higher power help you pull through such a
time. I also added to the Legend power the alternate use of the Greater
Reward of Lay on Hands except it automatically succeeds.

Speaking of Lay on Hands, does anything bad happen if the Templar busts the
Faith roll?

> He has too many vexations. It may very well be the way it's written (or
the
> fact I need sleep) but they feel somehow pointless. Although characterful
> I'd just leave that last vexation about knowingly commiting a treacherous
> act or turning his back on any who deserve the templar's help.

Well, it probably wouldn't seem like os much if it were in list form, though
that is a concern of mine. The verbal gaffes are mainly just a sort of
unified vexation that's spelled out compartmentally. I cleaned up the bit
about swearing, though, simply stating that if a child is present he'll
spiritually sock you in the gut for 1d8 Wind.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times