Re: [HOE] The Destroyer (SPOILERS)

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 01:10  PM, mosiondz@shaw.ca wrote:
> Modeen is one baaaaad dude.  Although it's not explicitly stated in
> his profile, it is mentioned earlier on that he has: "Invulnerability:
> as a servitor of the Reckoners, Modeen can only be killed by the sword
> of the first Anti-Templar, Julia Aitken.  All Templars know this sword
> is kept in the Temple at Boise."
> How do other Marshals handle things like Invulnerability described
> like this?  Can critters with it be temporarily be put out of
> comission, or do they just shrug off all incoming damage?  Do they
> disappear and reform later?  Do they regenerate all damage at the end
> of every round unless the damage is caused by their vulnerability?
> In the case of Modeen (and especially because of the description of
> his fight with Aaron O'Connel)  it seems that he would shrug off all
> damage unless it was caused by the aforementioned sword, in which case
> it would do damage normally until Modeen was dead.
> How would you handle Modeen?

For anything abomination-level, it's just shrugged off. depending on
the critter, it's absorbed (A large famine-monster that was grotesquely
obese just absorbed gunfire, explosions, sword strikes, etc. with a
schlorp noise) takes chunks out but doesn't stop the thing (see below),
passes through the unwholesome beast, or other.

Walkin' Dead may lose limbs, however, So I alow the 'comedy' of having
dismembered skeletons trying to kill the party.

last night my posse fought a massive 'Glom. I trimmed it a little, as
according to the stats it would have been something like size 60 with
hordes of hand to hand attacks and a 10% chance of hitting it's real
head whenever a head-hit was rolled.

I allowed hits on the 'real' head on a 10% chance for the 'head' or the
guts. Even so, a fairly well-equipped Hell On Earth posse (with a
Doomsayer with Nuke and MIRV, and a Syker with Arson) ended up having
to kill the thing by letting the Templar drop a Doomstone in it's belly
then running for the hills. I may have fudged the rules a bit
(Actually, I only gave it 2d6 massive damage hits, automatically in the
guts, with the usual 10% chance of hitting the real main head). They
still took it out though, and I didn't worry about some minor details.

After all, in two weeks the other shoe drops.