Re: [pbmserv-dev] Segmentation faults on compiled game programs

There are several conditions which I know of that will cause segfaults.
(Maybe we should patch these up to return a useful message someday...)

PBMHOME not set
missing the games/<GameType> directory
SENDER not set (for some commands; "move" and "challenge" work ok)

If this is the first game you're are trying, also make sure the etc,
ratings, history, and standings directories exist.

~ John Williams