Re: [pbmserv] New book: Connection Games

I have, and have finished reading the book. Couldn't put it down. Of course that meant that almost none of it sank in and I'll be re-reading it shortly.

Wow, that was quick!

My one complaint is that the game index (starting on pg. 395) seems to be completely wrong. I haven't figured out whether all the pages numbers are off by a constant amount or some other pattern or whether they're randomly wrong.

There was a stuff-up when it went to press - it appears that the index was not updated when the twelve pages of front matter was inserted, so all of the index entries are off by 12. This is irritating but hopefully will not affect your enjoyment of the book.

So now that Cameron's written this excellent book as well as his book on Hex, let's take a vote on what his next book should be. My vote is for a book specifically on druid or akron.

Gonnect deserves one, but we need to study all of these games a bit more to have enough solid stuff to write about.

Cameron