Re: [pbmserv] Palago notation?

The board grows, and spaces around the board grow.
placed.

Take the tiled board, and pad it with the 2 spaces in every direction

Then from the Northwestern most "row"... start counting.   moving
north easterly until you have no more move locations in that row.
Move down a row..

e.g. for the following board (where X's indicates where a tiles is
and . == where a placement can occur)

                        .
                    .       .
                .       .       .
                    .  ___  .       .
                .     / X \___  .
                    . \___/ X \     .
                .     / X \___/ .       .
            .       . \___/ X \___  .
                .  ___/ X \___/ X \     .
            .     / X \___/ X \___/ .
                . \___/ . \___/ .       .
            .       .       .       .
                .       .       .
                    .       .

would yield the location notation of...

                        3
                    2       7
                1       6      12
                    5  ___ 11      17
                4     / X \___ 16
                   10 \___/ X \    21
                9     / X \___/20      26
            8      15 \___/ X \___ 25
               14  ___/ X \___/ X \    32
           13     / X \___/ X \___/31
               19 \___/24 \___/30      36
           18      23      29      35
               22      28      34
                   27      33

No ambiguity.  No arbitrary start location.