Re: [PyrNet-L] Why ask why?

I don't want to get into the specifics of the story that was posted, but I
do agree that fictional accounts can sometimes convey truths that are
missed in factual, objective writing. I use fiction a lot in my Ethics
courses, as a way to have students recognize and deal with issues that are
sometimes too "close to home" or threatening when named directly. While I
would never advocate that stories should take the place of sound facts,
they have a place in raising awareness when cold hard statistics don't do
it.
Ann W