Re: [PyrNet-L] Why ask why?

Cathryn Lundberg wrote:

> <<....My objection is to the blatant  emotional manipulation of the readers.
> ...It's only purpose, to me, it to elicit certain emotions from its readers.>>

As a writer of fiction, that is what fiction is all about - to evoke emotion.
This story is about emotions and no where in The Hughes posting is there
anything about sending money or propaganda for any organization.  It is a story
plain and simple.  How many of us of read stories, human stories, that have
pulled at our heart strings.

It does make me wonder what anyone would have said if it had been a happy story
- like the "The absolute worst Top 19 Great Pyrenees Pick Up Lines"

As people have said before - just my 2 cents worth.

Chris Speakman
speakpc@interlynx.net