Re: [PyrNet-L] Debate

Donna Coffman wrote:

> I don't have a problem with the proposition.  Obviously, there's been
> problems in Cleveland or it wouldn't be considered.  It may be another
> method to make people more responsible dog owners -- and we all know that
> many people are NOT responsible dog owners.  If the law makes a difference
> in one person's life (not being attacked by a vicious dog), then it will
> have been worthwhile.

Donna, it's not any different than it is anywhere else. The problem here
is the same - politicians flying off the handle trying to enact a poorly
written law that can't be enforced(I read it). Let's face it, Pit Bull
is a term for a mixed breed, how do you outlaw a mixed breed and only 3
other breeds? The proposed law does not punish the owner
hardly at al.

> My opinion is the same about Adrianne's post of the fictional story.  If it
> makes a difference in one animal's life, then it's worthwhile.  Let's not
> be so critical and look for hidden meanings and hidden agendas -- life's
> too short!

That story has been circulating around the net for a while. It was on
showdogs-l.
I have a copy I saved from last April.

Lisa
Magic Moment