[PyrNet-L] The question of guarding abilities

I haven't said much on this list, but decided to get into the debate.  My
girl, Breezy, is a loving pet and companion, not a working dog (as in guarding
some sort of flock animals).  However, her natural drive guarding is very
great.  When ever we take out walks, no matter what the environment, she is
always on the allert.  If we are out in open fields, we must sit and observe.
She scans and scans in all directions.  If anything moves, she watches
intently until she decides what it is and if it is a threat.  I love watching
her when she's on self imposed guard duty.  I have really learned a lot from
her.  We used to live in northern Utah by the Utah State Univ. agricultural
sheep pens.  Whenever we would walk by them, Bree would immediately sit or lay
down and start scanning.  This is something that is coming purely from inside
her.  She was never near or raised with a flock (other than my small family).
Her instinct for guarding is very very strong.

This is my first (but definitely not last) exposure to Pyrs, so I'm only
relating my single experience to date.  And, she definitely has body
substance.

Joan S.