Re: [PyrNet-L] Why ask why?

Hello Charlotte
Yes. I am that such person.
Believe me the shows I have attended lately, You probably would think the
same thing.
I could agree with you that some Pyr lines will take time in developing.
Are you currently showing?
There's a long story that goes along with the bisbarbie.So think I don't
want anybody to know who I am.
bye for now
Barbie
On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:27:45 -0500 pyreau@crosslink.net (Jack and
Charlotte Perry) writes:
>Hi "Barbie":
>Just realized that the very competent handler of the BOB Newf at
>Westminster
>is the daughter of the family whose Great Pyrenees kennel was one of
>the
>most prominent Pyr kennels in the US for more than 25 years. Would
>venture
>to say that most major Pyr lines in this country have dogs related to
>that
>kennel.  Could you be that person??  If so, you have certainly seen a
>number
>of Pyrs.
>
>I, too, have seen Pyrs that lacked substance and were narrow front and
>rear.
>However, I believe I saw many more of those in the past than I see
>now.
>Sometimes the taller, longer legged Pyrs seem to lack substance until
>they
>are quite a bit older.  Coat is another thing that really makes a
>difference
>in the appearance of substance.....especially in this el nino year
>with no
>snow for us.
>Charlotte
>
>>Charlotte
>>I disagree with you on that pyrs seem to be SOUNDER at this time. I
>some
>>how don't see the quality as it used to be.
>>You can have a rather large looking pyr. but as soon as you put your
>>hands on the body there is none. Of course in different areas of the
>>you will find the substance. What I am referring to is the lack of
>width
>>these dogs do not have. Some of them are as narrow as a
>>Borzoi. I don't think that is called a Great Pyrenees. It's a bit
>>embarrassing to have judges say to me "What has happened to the
>breed"
>>Yes I have bred Pyrs for years. Currently not in the breed at this
>time.
>>Thank you for your reply
>>Barbie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]