Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

On 14 Mar 98 at 10:46, Cindy Nichols wrote:
> I live in central Texas where it is very hot and humid but my dogs
> blow their coat and don't seem any hotter than my friends short
> haired dogs. You have to use common sense when exercising these
> dogs. You don't work them in the heat of the day. Early morning is
> best. We use a lot of fans here.

I also live in central Texas where it's hot and humid during summer.
I also never clip my pyrs or newfs.  Bianca has the fluff coat
(incorrect coat) and yes, it's a bear to take care of but I still
won't clip her.  Any exercising is done right at nightfall and then
it's short walks not long walks.  Should use common sense in
exercising during heat.  Mine also seem no hotter than their short
haired counterparts.  As far as grooming, I spray some Ice on Ice on
the coat and start brushing.  As I need it I spray on during
brushing.  It's a leave in conditioner detangler that works well at
getting matts out and making the coat easy to brush out.

Janice, janices@texas.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://lonestar.texas.net/~janices/ownc/