Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

I (Karen Reiter) wrote)
<<  Her coat used to be relatively easy to care for, but after she was
spayed, it became very cottony, almost downy soft.   Because it's so soft,
it mats easily causing her to overheat in summer and it's difficult to keep
it in decent condition.  >>

Joe wrote:

<snip> I agree with close  cutting these type coats, but would be ever
mindful that they loose some natural ability to reflect and insulate from
the heat and sun via doing so.>>

Thanks for the info about mother nature.  Before Shelly was spayed, she did
have a correct coat.  A bit softer than I'd prefer, but it was correct.  As
an FYI, Shelly is a spoiled, house dog and I did take extra precautions
against heat and sun after she was clipped, only walking her in the early
morning and later afternoon and evening.

Karen Reiter
kreiter@servtech.com