Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

Hi Cindy and welcome to the list...

<<When you clip the guard hair the coat gets dirty much easier,and the
undercoat grows faster than the guard hair so it has to be brushed even more
often to keep from matting. Of course if you are not going to keep
your dog brushed then clipping is better than a matted pyr.>>

Question.  If I brushed my girl (10 Yr old spayed bitch with hugh coat)
15-20 minutes every day and full grooming on weekends (1-1.5 hours on the
table for combing, brushing, clip claws, etc...) and she still was having
problems with matting (prior to EVER being clipped) what would you suggest
would help with this problem?  Shelly's not real keen about being on the
grooming table for extended periods of time anymore.  Because of her age, I
worry more about her comfort and health than her looks.  I'd happily not
clip her again if I had an alternative that didn't involve having to clip
her but provided the same results/outcome (i.e. comfortable and happy Pyr).

I appreciate any input that you could provide with this.

Thanks,
Karen Reiter
kreiter@servtech.com