Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Pyrs

In a message dated 3/14/98 12:58:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Marwell@alaska.net writes:

<< Spayed bitches do tend to get a different type of coat after spaying.
 We call it "mouse fur"  It is a very profuse, short, soft coat.  Ruth

I am interested in this information about spayed bitches.  Being as I do not
have exposure to a lot of other pyrs, and Echo was spayed when she was 6 mo.
I just assumed the change in her coat (which by the way was very pronounced
and noticible) was due to maturing, I never dreamed it was being spayed!

Today, we were at a carting event and there were two other pyrs there, and I
have to say no, I do not manage to get her brushed every day, however, I do
not allow her to have matts either.  But comparing her to the other two pyrs
today, she definitely had a very different coat even fluffier than the other
spayed female.  The owner who had the other spayed bitch there said that she
noticed a change in her dogs coat after she was spayed too.  Echo still is
overly fluffy even after being brushed.  I am not sure if it is how she sits,
lays or what, but I have noticed that the fur on her hips gets pushed down and
looks matted (it is not really, but would become matted if not brushed
regularly when she is shedding more).  This seems to be the only spot this
happens, is it just her?

Just thought this was very interesting.

Sandy

Sandra Ringener