[PyrNet-L] CARE: Last Will Intestements

 Hi everyone,   Typing to you about Jennifer, my best friend and
frequent pyr & cat sitter, in the # 3 sticky wicket post made me ponder
a subject that I have been mulling around in my own head for years. Let
me throw it out to you, that I may be free of some of it and finally
accept some help with this. Does anyone else out there have there have
provision's for your
pyrenees or other dog's, mentioned in your wills? In terms of care for
them in the event
of the sudden death or catastrophic illness to* all* of their pyrs
parent's/owner's?  I, year's ago, with my first pyr, Tess & her daughter
Nana, who are currently, as I type are both having a blast with Winston
on Rainbow Bridge right now. Because Winston was so handsome, Tess &
Nana are trying very hard to take him away from the other bitches. asked
my dear and old friend Barbara to be their Godmother. She accepted with
delight. However, I never made it legal. Then with the addition of Jonah
& Lexi, I had asked and too, Jennifer offered to be this set of mush
balls Godmother. Again, I accepted with gratitude this gesture. As I had
previously mentioned, Jennifer is far more a horse woman than a dog
woman. So, I realized that she, as hard as she might try, really could
not be the kind of pyr parent that I and most of you are. There in lies
my dilemma. What to do?
 My
Vermont girlfriend that has asked me to be Godmother to her 3 dog's .
Her pouch family consists of a Kuvaz, Husky and PVGB. It very was
flattering. Yet, it is an enormous responsibility not to be taken
lightly. I am going to decline. Because I know that I wouldn't do them
justice. God forgive me, partly, because they are not pyrs. Although, I
do love to pieces Allegra, her Kuvaz. <VBG>  I
also think that between Gracie the PVGB and Lexi, that I wouldn't
get any rest at all. <bg> I have racked my brain trying to think of who
I would trust enough that would love them at *least*, almost as much as
do or more, as well as have the ideal environment for Jonah & Lexi. You
know, keep them in the style that they are accustomed to. <BG>

 I haven't as yet,  included my beloved pyrs in
my will. I do intend to as does my husband, Lee.  Has anyone else
thought of doing this?  I
haven't yet found or made the time to learn about rescue in depth. I
wonder if anyone knows if through Pyr Rescue or a local  pyrenees or a
pyrenees national club would be either willing or able to address this?
Or do they already? If so,  could the first parent/owner be involved
with alternate waiting pyr parent's prior to their unlikely death? Could

the new pyr parents being found and or even secured for the future? I
suppose it would be something like adopting a pet or child, but kind of
in reverse. Yes? No?  How
would this be done? Has it been done?  Would that be appropriate? Would
the original pyr parent's making out their will,  have any say as to
which pyr owner's and kind of household that their Pyrs would be
finding a new home in?  For instance, Jonah & Lexi are house pyrs, yet,
they also have access to and are used to spending whatever time that
they need & want playing on an acre of land. I think that the selection
of Step parents would be vital or at least important, since everyone
knows their mush faces the
best.
About Winston, I did not personally know him. However, I do know that
since he was *Janet's* first boy pyr, that he must've been
extraordinary. I do know know what it is like to finally, have my first
pyr boy. I have cried profusely at just the thought of losing Jonah. I
well, know the torment of losing my first pyr girl, Contessa of
Balibasque.  I think that there must be precious few experiences more
painful  than losing your first boy or girl Great Pyrenees. For me, it
was so when Tess moved on to Rainbow Bridge. I hear that Winston was a
handsome boy. Knowing Tess and her daughter, Nana as I do. I am sure
that they are their very are making their very best effort and using all
of their female whiles to take Winston away from all your other bitches.
<VBG>

Take good care, Judith, Jonah & Lexi