Re: [PyrNet-L] Lost loves

> <<  Most in the US live to
>  between 10 and 14 depending on health and where they live and whether they
> are
>  kenneled or not. >>
>
> Most live about 10 years.  It is the very rare dog that lives past 12 years
> old.  I am not sure what kenneling or geography has to do with it?
>
> Joe

I was thinking about this when the message first came through.  I
imagine the kenneling provides a safety factor that some working
LGD's may not have, compared to companions and breeder's dogs who are
more likely to be fenced.
Geography may do much to determine environmental illness, in areas
where there is high chemical use, due to agriculture, mining,
pollutions from factories or large cities, I would assume those dogs
would be at a higher health risk, just like the human population.  I
would also assume that in densely populated areas, dogs are at a
higher risk of injury, if they escape.  Any other ideas?

Judith
jsmiller@laplaza.org
Taos, New Mexico