Re: [PyrNet-L] Lost loves

It may not have as much to do with kenneling or geography as it does with
heredity.  As in people, I believe dogs tend to follow the longevity
pattern of their ancestors.  Therefore, if you know your dog's parents died
(of natural causes) at the age of 8, I don't think you could expect your
pup to live beyond 10.  As is the case in many instances -- look to the
past!
P.S.  A bitch of mine died this past summer at the age of 11 (just old age
according to the vet), her mate is still alive at 11, and their frisky
youngster is still running around at 10 years of age.  His grandfather
lived to 2 mos. shy of 14.  There seems to be a pattern.

Donna