Re: [PyrNet-L] Help with a wild one!

I've been meaning to share this solution that worked with seamus with the
group so this seems to be a good context to apply it.

seamus was getting the trash and i have nowhere to conceal it so i couldn't
figure out a solution.  i tried to teach him no kitchen but that didn't
work so i would bait him and then use a coke can with change in it and
taped shut whenever he took the bait.  well, he really hated the sound of
the coke can and would actually overreact by sulking away and go in the
other room and lay down.  so i used the coke can a few times whenever he
was doing something wrong and he really hates the sound of it.  so what i
started doing was after we established that the coke can is bad, i started
putting the can on top of garbage can (it has a lid).  he has not gone any
where near the garbage since.  the can just sits on top of the can and acts
as a deterrent.  i recommend you establish the can as a bad noise, showing
him the can as you shake it, and then placing the can somewhere near the
area you want him to stay away from.  i hope it works but as a 2nd pyr
owner, no solution seems to work the same with each dog!!

susan