Re: [PyrNet-L] Help with a wild one!

Hi Rose,
I agree, the picture of your pup racing around with the sump pipe is cute
but not really funny.  My solution to most things is to make it so the dog
can't get to whatever you don't want him to destroy.  How about putting a
fence around the pipe so he can't get to it.  This sounds like a
particularly attractive nuisance since it also involves water
play!...probably the odds of training him to stop would be pretty slim at
this late date.  Take heart, they usually settle down by age 2. I don't
really think neutering will make too much difference in his personality.
Charlotte

>Ok, everyone, here is my problem, with probably a basic solution that I am
at the present time too mad to see.  Our Oscar, a big, lovable, ENERGETIC
almost eight month old pyr tore off the sump pump pipe off of the side of
the house.  The sump pump pipe (PVC) hangs off of the back end of our house
and drains out a hose, down our driveway.  When Oscar is in the backyard,
guess what?  The hose and pipe are enormouse chew toys that he will pull off
and race around the yard.  In a way, its pretty funny.  Ha ha.  But, now we
have standing water against the foundation, where the water is just spilling
out into the backyard.  Imagine what fun that has been for Oscar, water,
mud, pipe.  Imagine what fun it has been for us:  mud, tracks, a wet
foundation.  So, do any of you out there have any suggestions?