[PyrNet-L] Longevity

Hi,

Our oldest Pyr is 11 1/2 years old.  He had a bout with cancer last year on
the tail but it hasn't returned and had not spread.  He's in superb health and
has less problem getting up than I do <g>.  He doesn't appear to have any
arthritis anywhere. The vet has said that his heart sounds like that of a much
younger dog...wish we could figure out why he is such a `young' dog for his
age and bottle it.

I would think that the `lines' of the dog as Donna had indicated in an earlier
post is probably a large factor here just as `it's in the genes' plays a role
in humans.

Nancy