Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy wanted

<<   Feel that is an UNFAIR & UNKIND GENERALIZATION!!! Furthermore I'd like to
 give one possible answer to that question that has nothing to do with the
dark
 scenario she painted & the generalizations made. >>

Janice your story is very good and we are so gratified that this has worked
out for you as you describe, but Sharon was essentially correct in what she
said.  Your story is akin to the exception that proves the rule concept.  You
see the odds are that if everyone:
<< merely wanted their 2 yr. old female to have one litter
before they spayed her>>
the shelters would be overrun with abandoned dogs.   I understand that you are
so happy and in love with your dog and very supportive of its owners and
and your siblings owners could not take all the abandoned dogs if everyone did
this.

<<That maybe they are NOT in it for the MONEY!>>

No reputable breeder is in it for the money.  Sharon falls into that category.
I can assure you that what ever she charges for puppies does not cover her
costs.

<<Dogs are a big enough financial committment: vet
bills, shots, assorted treatments, equipment, supplies, etc. Without having to
be tapped out financially to just purchase the dog.>>

You have hit on Sharon's point.  Many people who can cheaply buy a dog, will
not or cannot  invest much into its care.  Much cheaper to abandon the dog or
take it to the animal shelter.  They do not look at it like you are.  I know
of no breeders who would not get a dog for someone they were convinced really
wanted it and would give it a superb home, but were just a little short of
cash.  Also look at all the wonderful rescue dogs that really need a wonderful
home like yours.  Why breed puppies for these potentially needed rescue homes?
Take your $100.00 plus  and put it with a rescue dog.  You will help rescue.
Give a deserving dog a home and make yourself very happy indeed.

So don't be too hard on Sharon if her truth upsets you.  I am quite sure she
did not mean it personally.  She did state a valid case.  You are just an
exception and that is great.

Joe