Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy wanted

> I support the point that Janice made about the cost of raising and
keeping a
> puppy/dog.  I would think the extra $500+ would be just as well spent to
make
> sure the dog has a good bed, quality food, gets vet care needed
(including
> neutering), leashes, collars, toys, books for the owners, etc.

I had a wife & daughter who wanted to buy a pup soooo bad, but father
didn't even want them to come  & look at the pups.  They did anyway.
Father didn't want to spend $$$ on a dog!  I felt sorry for wife & daughter
who really wanted a pyr, even begged me, but I felt that if I had placed a
pup with them, that father wouldn't have allowed $$ for vet visits - father
didn't think pup was worth it!

However, I thought my pups were worth it!  Therefore, they did not get a
pup of mine.  I think this may be a good example of why many breeders feel
more comfortable with a buyer who is willing to pay their price for one of
their pups.  If they are not willing to pay $$$ for the pup, it makes you
think they are not willing to pay $$$ for the care either.

I know many people are not like this father - it's just that there are too
many that are!

Patti Brunkala
menditar@grrtech.com
Gold Hill, Oregon