Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy wanted -Reply

Thank you, Janice for your comments.  I, too was offended that because of the amount we paid for our pyr we were generalized as being uncaring, neglectful pet owners.  I, too purchased our dog from someone who was not looking at a profit at all; she wanted a good home for him.  I checked out the breeder very carefully and after visiting with her several times realized that this was a passion for her, not a money making venture.  In fact, I am certain she lost money because she invested so much for each of the pyrs in the litter.

Oscar has become as much a part of our family as one of our children.  I miss him when I don't see him, I am thrilled to be with him when I am with him.  Our kids love him, and he knows he is loved and is well taken care of.

Certainly there are some very unscrupulous folks out there that purchase dogs for several hundred dollars only to let them sit outside, neglected.  I guess we need to be careful of how we categorize pet owners.  Its more complicated than cost, its a matter of proven commitment.

Rose Foster
and Oscar de la Foster