[PyrNet-L] An English Pyr's View

Juidth (and anyone else, of course)

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend the Nationals, mainly on the
grounds of cost! My 'better half' is of the opinion that it would be
nice if we could finally get the kitchen finished off, plus a new shower
in one of the bathroons, new bedroom furniture, a new 3-piece suite etc.
To top it all off, the dishwasher has just decided not to co-operate
anymore and our finances are not limitless.

At the moment I am trying to convince her (Pat, that is) that we should
visit the Penn-Dutch Fun Day to be held somewhere in Pennsylvania
towards the end of July. David Kintsfather is very kindly supplying me
with all the ammunition that I need to convince Pat that it would be a
neat idea. We would both dearly love to meet up with some Pyr-cousins,
such as Clondike (David's girl) and PB Marple, Miss Wheezie and Conrad
(Jane Gill's pack). It is very much a case of 'Watch this space...'.

As for Sasha's WWW site, it still exists at
<http://homepages.enterprise.net/barryd/pyrhome.html>. There is a link
to her diary but it has gone very quiet recently as we have all been
busy working around the house and garden. I will be adding some more
pictures to the site in the near future - when we get the film
developed!

BTW, the girls were not in the front seat of the car (sse the WWW site)
- that was the rear end! We try not to let them get near the front of
the car because their bulk makes it difficult to get to the gear stick!

Lorna Ireland's telephone number is widely published so I hope that she
won't mind if I reproduce it here...  +44 (0) 1530 230278. Leave out the
(0) if ringing from outside of the UK. Her address is  The Gables
Kennels, Garlands Lane, Barlestone, Nr Nuneaton, Warwickshirem CV13 0JD,
England. The pedigree prefix for the kennels is Arandora.

We are eternally grateful to Lorna for allowing us to take two Pyrs from
her. BTW, we had to pass her standard test. When we arrived she ushered
us into her house and we were introduced to 3 very large Pyrs. Had we
'backed off' at that point, I am sure that she would not have let us
take Sasha.

As for the love that our two girls give us - it is boundless. I would
really love to capture one of Cottee's smiles on camera but have so far
failed. When she sees someone that she loves and it has been some time
since she last saw them, her top lip curls back, to reveal a big toothy
grin, and she bounds up to them. This can be pretty daunting at 5:30 in
the morning! Sasha is less demonstrative. She will amble up to say
'Hello' and then, at the last second, do a play-bow and spin round and
run off <vbg>.

Barry Denyer
Third Acre, Coolham, England