Re: [PyrNet-L]LOST & CONFUSED

<< 4.    Just how much does a Pyr eat???  Big dog = BIG P--p......any funny
 stories about clean up??>>

Echo eats about 3-4 cups per day, that is probably too much, it was fine until
Gambit came and now she eats everything she can if he is around.  We are now
feeding them in separate room and she is on diet food.  They don't need a lot
of food cause, as adults anyway, they lay around a lot.  Poops can be big, but
with the right food they are firm and occur only a couple of times a day.

<< 5.    Have heard/been warned that the Shiba likes cat p--p for
 dessert.....gross yes...strange very...now what about Pyrs????>>

Echo used to do that, but she hasn't done it for sometime.  Our one year old
boxer on the other hand thinks it tastes great!  I am hoping he outgrows it
too.

<< 6.    This was asked on the Shiba listing but I thought it might be
 interesting to everyone here as well:;

                 1.    How did you come to choose a Pyr??>>

When my husband and I started researching what kind of dog we would get we
looked into several different breeds.  We had some friends that had Newfs and
thought they were great.  My husband wanted a white dog tho and we both wanted
something that didn't drool as much as a Newf.  We found the Pyr and it seemed
perfect.  Good with kids, good protector, and so on.

 <<7.    Now this I may really start something but I don't mean too.  What
 about Pyrs in puppy mills??  I've always heard about other
 breeds....more like small or small to medium mixes.  Have the Pyrs run
 into this problem???  Hey I might actually be on to something
 here..........a story with a puppy miller and how they are found out,
 charged and so forth.....might be a good way to teach people???
 Please.....I'm not saying anything about people who have found their Pyr
 baby at a pet store....you still love them and they're everything to
 you.  Ooopps.....is that foot in my mouth again..sorry. >>

We bought Echo from what I "thought" was a reputable breeder.  And maybe she
was.  But there is a little story to tell about that too long to go into here.
Suffice it to say that Echo is a wonderful dog, BUT, she has a behavioural
problem, is not great conformation wise, and seems to have allergies (always
has had a skin problem).  Considering the breeder refused to show us her
pedigree, I truly have my doubts about the quality of the breeding.

We still love her and in MOST ways she is wonderful.  But it would be nice to
know who the parents were and their life expectancy and so on to get a better
idea about her.

Sandy

Sandra Ringener
birdbugg@aol.com