Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy wanted

> To all the people selling their pups for 200-300 dollars, you said that
> you just wanted to cover you vet costs .... did you set price also
> include the covering the cost for OFA, shoulders, hips and elbows?
> What about thyroid?
>
> And just how do you go about doing this on a "pup"?

You OFA on the adults...and yes you can do a thyroid, even eye and heart
prelims on an 8 week old pup...and if you keep the pup till 20 weeks,
like some breeders do...you can even do OFA prelims.
Also reputable breeders will refund at least HALF the purchase price,
sometimes all of it if on of their dogs is deemed dysplastic.

> Most of the reputable breeders I know do not sell their puppies for very
>
> much..usually at about 500-600
>
> Not for "very much"? That's alot of money to most people.  Our dog cost
> that much plus shipping and handling, etc...  I'm still waiting to buy
> the tiller for my garden.  VBG

No 5-600 is not alot when you get the gurantee that a *good* breeder
will provide...that 500-600 healthy puppy is a heck of alot cheaper than
the 200 puppy from the BYB that needs the 2,000 dollar hip replacement,
has agression problems, or seizures, what about hypothyrodism, maybe
bone cancer at the tender age of 3...I could go on but I won't.

My point is, people that don't know what goes into producing SOUND dogs
are the ones who look at the price tag....it is NOT the price tag that
deems the value of the puppy!!! it is the BREEDER that stands behind the
puppy...and good dogs cost more than most.....! ( I know because I have
been there)

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA