Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

<< competing in dog shows (otherwise how would he know if his
 dogs have ANY worthwhile qualities) >>

I have been reading this thread with interest - since I am at
present pyrless, but I could not help but comment on this
sentence.

These dogs were bred to be working dogs - LGD, so what
worthwhile working qualities would a conformation dog show?
To someone who does not do dog shows, and who depends
on these dogs to work, and guard their stock, their dogs
worthwhileness would only be in how good of a guardian
they were - and that is a long way from a show pen.

For myself, my Pyr was my friend, companion, and
sometimes helper, he could do a pretty good immatation
of a border collie sometimes. What made him worthwhile
to me were those qualities.

So, I guess to sum this up, what makes a good dog, is
if he does his particular job well, no matter if it is in the
show pen, pasture, or as a constant companion.
Just my opinion,
Danelle Griffin
JDGZIP1@aol.com
http://www.quarterhorses.com/jdg