Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

<< .the farmers have no one being "big brother"
 and they are not exposed to the "embarrassment" level.

Adrienne,
I'm glad to see you on the list and doing well after the storm
ya'll had in your area!

I was reading where the sheep farmers in Scottland would
"cull" border collie puppies if they did not show a working
interest (Cull as in destroy). Now, a farmer who had Pyrs,
and they 1.) had health problems, 2.) would not work, then
why would they want to breed that animal and raise more
with those undesirable traits? One who truely depended on
these dogs would probably not even keep one like that
around, because it would not be or could not be doing it's
job. I think that might be the difference in a framer breeding
his working dogs to have more and better working dogs, a
person who breeds his dogs to improve as in show dogs,
and a BYB.

I could use the same example with our quarter horses, in which
we raise show horses. If the stallion don't sire it - geld him, if the
mare don't produce it - sell her, or else you are spinning your
wheels - as a breeder.
Danelle Griffin
JDGZIP1@aol.com
http://www.quarterhorses.com/jdg