Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy wanted

JGentzel wrote:

> << I've been told I should not
>  be able to pick out a puppy to raise myself from people I know (& thus be
>  assured said pup is healthy & happy & has no history of abuse). >>

>  Nothing is as great as a Pyr
> puppy.  Rescue needs homes, but not as the expense of you picking out our own
> personal puppy.

Oh God yes, nothing as great as a Pyr puppy - picking out one's own
special one is one of the joys. People that come here for a puppy get to
choose - the only thing they are told is which ones I'm considering
keeping and if they are one of their choices to please make a second
choice(pick 2). Yes, rescue needs homes but, many rescues can't be
placed with some people that would make wonderful owners, I always tell
anyone looking for a puppy to consider Rescue first.
  If money
> is a problem, go to convince them you have a great home and a heart full of
> love, and watch a good breeder work with you.  They care more for their dogs
> than money anyway.

You said this so elloquently Joe<G>

 It will take some work on your part as breeders have been
> "had" too many times by easy talk.  So hang in there, convince them you are
> sincere and deserving.  You will probably have to prove your worth by waiting
> sometime.  Do it!  You can and will suceed.

Hey, getting a puppy out of many breeders will take some convincing them
you are deserving, not even considering the money involved.

Lisa