Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

<< These dogs were bred to be working dogs - LGD, so what
 worthwhile working qualities would a conformation dog show? >>

A LGD might by a Pyr.  A Pyr is always a LGD.  You good folks need to
understand the potential difference.  You must stop mischarticerizing dogs
that are bred  for show as not being working dogs.  It simply is not true and
you generalizations are wrong.  There are those people who would like for you
believe that they specialize in breeding "working stock", as if  there is some
environmentally  learned genetic process going on.  It is not true.  The breed
is very ancient and the guardian qualities are so basic to the breed.  They
are not lost by breeding to the standard for show stock.  I am sure someone
will quote an exception, but lets not pettifog the issue.  In the main the
breed guards.  My dogs will and do work with the best of them.   Yours will
too.  Some of our dogs do not conform very well with the written standard
though.

Joe