Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

<<  These dogs were bred to be working dogs - LGD, so what
 >  worthwhile working qualities would a conformation dog show? >>
 >
 > A LGD might by a Pyr.  A Pyr is always a LGD.  You good folks need to
 > understand the potential difference.  You must stop mischarticerizing dogs
 > that are bred  for show as not being working dogs.  >>

I did not mean that they could not do both! I did not mean to
mischarticterize any of the dogs - my point was that anyone
should not think that the only way a dog will show worth while
qualities is through the show ring. They can be very worth while
animals no matter what the job is as long as they do their job.

I think it is great if a dog can stay in the pasture with his sheep,
goats or what ever and then go to the show on the week-end. I
am sure some probably do. I did not mean to take anything
away from these dogs. It is just that if they never go to the show
ring - that does not mean they don't have good qualities, and the
show ring is not the only way to judge if a dog has good qualities.
Danelle Griffin