Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy wanted

<< In a message dated 98-03-23 18:28:51 EST, MagEBroD  wrote:

 << The amount they charged
   was to cover first vet check & shots, worming, & neutering. That's it. (&
 the
   amount they asked for was quite a bit LESS than $200!) >>
                             ___________________________
Then Joe Gentzel wrote back in reply:
<< Do you think the litter was done to raise money for the neutering and vet?
Am
 I wrong to think that this is "in it for the money"?  Would they have charged
 more if the vet and  other procedures had resulted in much more expense?
 Would you have felt this same way had these expenses required you to pay
 $1000.00 for your wonderful dog?

 Joe >>
                            ________________________________
MagEBroD responds:
   I'm sorry - but am totally confused by your last statement. If a vet
charged $1000 for first shots, worming & neutering -  I'D GET ANOTHER VET who
charges reasonable prices!!! Get real!!!
   Also how can you say someone who just charges for those things (at
reasonable vet prices) is in it for the money? They are not charging for their
dog's OB care and food for pups,  price of whelping pen, etc.
   Feel it's a real injustice to try to twist things around & place blame
where there should be none! None of the people involved with this litter is
guilty of any wrong-doing & greatly resent people trying so hard to find
something wrong where there is none. There are plenty of pet abusers & puppy
mills & people who abandon pets to be angry about & criticize. One of the
owners of a pup from this litter just adopted a rescue pyr about 6 mos. older
than ours. In the a.m. I'm going myself to check out 2 rescue dogs that I
think may be pyrs 2 mos. older than ours & am willing to be foster home for
them both if they are pyrs. At least 3 of us have vowed to take any
littermates that may ever need a new home, as well, though I doubt any from
this litter will ever need new homes. But just in case - we're ready &
willing!