[PyrNet-L] Rescues

Hello,
	I have a question about evaluating the temperment of not only Rescues, but
also puppies. I am a very tongue-in-cheek type of person, but worry a lot
about this. Our oldest Pyr is 7, and the last litter is now 3, so we don't
have that much expercience with Pyrs. Yet, we are called upon to rescue
Pyrs and I feel that we do our best, but we are lacking knowledge about
temperments. Most of the rescues are males (only 2 girls so far). I had a
"teen" rebellion from 1 of our boys that caught us "off guard". I went
straight to the alpha boot camp and now he is a "gentleman" again. I have
sent and given a copy of that to lots of first time pyr owners. My question
is (sometimes I wander afield) what temperment testing are you talking
about. I know that my all-breed kennel club does "temperment testing", but
is this the same "test" for all breeds. Wouldn't a herding breed person be
looking for something a bit different than a potential "pet pyr" owner? Is
there any info ar step-by-step material out there. So far everything has
gone good, but I would hate to "guess" wrong and do an injustice to either
a dog or person. Also what about puppies, how do you know a dominate (to
humans) dog from a passive type at 8 to 10 weeks of age. I know that some
pups "rule the roost" so to speak, but when taken by themselves, they are
not always the ones to seek out new things.
	There are not to many pyr people around this area, the ones who do have
pyrs all help each other out, but we don't have that much experience. Thank
you for any info you might be able to give. It's spring and the pyr
population will be going up around here soon I'm sure, maybe we can be a
bit more prepared.
	Sharon  (very wet in Southern Idaho)