Re: [PyrNet-L] Work, Show or Pet?

JGentzel wrote:

> << Excuse me - but the above happens more often than one would think. It
>  happens up here all the time.  If you look at last years final standings
>  - the top 10 - #4 and #10 are the only ones that aren't all white? The
>  percentages just aren't there for winning with marked vs. all white.
>  Yes, marked dogs do win but, I have SEEN the above happen, and so this
>  can't be construed as sour grapes - I've seen it even when I was just a
>  specator. I can almost aquait it with trying to win with a Tri colored
>  Pembroke(sometimes impossible). There are also the judges that will do
>  exactlly the opposite and prefer the marked over the all white.  >>
>
> Anything can happen and surely there are those who like white, but lets not
> say that these top dogs win because they are all white.  Don't worry about it.
> Bring out all your dogs and show the judges and other exhibitors good dogs of
> all colors.  Maybe we have some work to do in this area still, but lets keep
> at it.

I don't worry about it. I prefer marked, always have and probably always
will, but, I will not fault an all white for being all white. The sire
of 8 of my "children" is all white and absolutly magnificent(to me). My
multi group winning brace is a pair of marked. I'm with you in the fact
that some work needs to be done in the area of judges and color on Pyrs
- one must also remember that the top winning Pyr of all time in Canada
and the top winning Pyr of all time in Mexico are(were) marked males. I
guess you could say it just irks me when a lesser quality white beats a
much better quality marked and it is so obvious that the decision was
made based on color, just as it irks me when a lesser quality male beats
a bitch because of sex. To me, the best one is the best one period
regardless of color or sex.

Lisa