Re: [PyrNet-L] Testing

In a message dated 3/27/1998 10:37:16 PM Central Standard Time,
menditar@grrtech.com writes:

<<
 > What happens to the fighter, or the ones
 > who don't want their feet messed with? >

 <<The one  that doesn't want his/her feet messed with does not get placed as
 a livestock guard - too sensitive.  As a livestock guard they cannot be
 touch or sound sensitive (scared of thunder or gun shots, etc).  This one
 would get the spoiled house dog home!  <g>  The *fighter* sounds like a
 dominant one who should go to a home experienced in dealing with dominant
 alpha pyrs! >>

Another thing to consider (that I neglected to mention) is that some people
actually prefer the "struggler" or the one who doesn't like his feet, etc
messed with. Some people are wonderful with taking a more dominant "alpha" pup
and turning him into a great dog. It may be like a "challenge" to them, one
that they enjoy. My personal preference is a softer natured more submissive
puppy. That's why I wouldn't take the "struggler" home.  I wanted to make
clear that just because a dog struggles or doesn't want messed with, doesn't
mean he's not an acceptable choice for a pup. It just means he'll  possibly
need a home where they are aware of the added "challenge".
Mitzi    PyrsRUs@aol.com
Pyr & Golden Owner, Future Newf Owner  :-)
See my dogs at http://members.aol.com/PyrsRUs/dogs.html