Re: [PyrNet-L] Testing

> What happens to the fighter, or the ones
> who don't want their feet messed with? >

The one  that doesn't want his/her feet messed with does not get placed as
a livestock guard - too sensitive.  As a livestock guard they cannot be
touch or sound sensitive (scared of thunder or gun shots, etc).  This one
would get the spoiled house dog home!  <g>  The *fighter* sounds like a
dominant one who should go to a home experienced in dealing with dominant
alpha pyrs!

As I livestock guardian placement I would consider a pup who is quieter,
less active and more reserved and independent, showing less tendancy to
want to be with people ( & needing less direction from people).  It might
be concluded that this pup would be more likely to stay with the livestock
rather than seeking human companionship.

Giving the temperament test really doesn't take long considering all the
good information it gives you!  I gave it to my pups twice - sometimes some
pups mature a little slower & you can verify the results this way.

Hope this answered some of your questions - and I hope to see you at some
show soon - we are not too far apart!!  <g>

Patti Brunkala
menditar@grrtech.com
Gold Hill, Oregon