Re: [PyrNet-L] Testing

In a message dated 3/28/1998 8:15:23 PM Central Standard Time,
wetheri@emmanuel.edu writes:

<<  Shelley was another dominant one....but totally loving
 and the most gentle creature imaginable, unless she or her pack were
 threatened. Temperament testing is important in order that breeder and
 potential owner can determine the right placement, training, etc....it
 doesn't mean that only certain puppies are "acceptable." With the kind of
 support we got from our breeder, we learned that we could live very
 happily with dominant pyrs. >>

I agree 100%. Just because a pup is "dominant" doesn't in any way take away
from his potential to be a wonderful dog. With my situation and lifestyle, I
prefer the more submissive and passive dog. I think the temperment tests
breeders do on pups are usually pretty accurate. It just gives you an idea of
what may lay ahead and how to gauge the training you'll use.
Mitzi    PyrsRUs@aol.com
Pyr & Golden Owner, Future Newf Owner  :-)
See my dogs at http://members.aol.com/PyrsRUs/dogs.html