Re: [PyrNet-L] Work, Show or Pet?

> There are certainly judges who don't know or follow the standard, but I
> think, on balance, judging is relatively fair and good dogs generally end
> up champions.  I remember one occasion when someone had just told me this
> particular judge never picks marked dogs when we turned to the ring to
> find he had picked a heavily marked dog BOB.

You are right, most of the time it is, especially after one learns about
the different judges. I guess the important thing to remember is that
judges are human. We all interpret the standard a little different. We
all overlook different faults on our way to find the best dog and show
dog judging is based on one person's opinion, that day - at that time. I
guess to illustrate - here goes - I have a dog here that has been given
the points, reserve and dumped by the same judge with virtually the same
competition - they day he was dumped, the dog was not acting like he did
the first time and didn't show for beans(turns out he had a cut pad). I
know the old timers on the list have seen and heard this before but, I
think the newbies haven't.

Lisa