Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Snake Control

>In a message dated 3/28/1998 3:12:00 PM Central Standard Time,
>cloudancecwn@earthlink.net writes:
>
><< I have just had a tremendous scare! I just moved to a new place and I
> was clearing some brush along the fence row and a rattle snake came at
> me! Luckily I killed it with the weed eater. However, a smaller one got
> away. No telling how many more there are. Does anyone know a way to get
> rid of snakes. I don't want my dogs, kids, or me to get bit.
> Thanks in advance for any info. >>

When we first moved out into the country it seemed like every time we picked
up a rock, bucket, log, whatever there would be some kind of snake under it.
I did not stop to examine them closely.  I never went outside all that
summer without my boots.  Finally, a fellow Pyr breeder arrived with several
barn cats(outside cats).  They really helped! We haven't seen snakes or
possoms or skunks etc. since (knock on wood)!  Of course the cat population
got a bit out of hand for a few years but is back down to reasonable again.
Charlotte