[PyrNet-L] CARE:Temprature/Cars?

Hi everyone,
    Spring's, even here, in Maine! One day after a snow storm, we've had
2-3 days of 70 degree weather. Therefore, it is time for my annual
struggle with the question of what's hot & what's not, for dog's and
especially, for pyrs!
What do you all do about hot car temperatures? A car, heats up for a
dog, quickly enough for the car to be like an oven. The high
temperatures may cause brain damage, or kill an animal before, some pet
owner's know it. If they know it at all.
    Does anyone know the correct statistic's about this subject?
    Does anyone here, use those window gates for car's and animals?
    Are they pyr proof? I have never dared to find out.
    Exactly, to what degree, can their great coats protect them up to?
Only, for me, I have and will not  shave them. <BG>.
    Here is an example of what I do, so far, with the pyrs and the car's
heat:
   I took Lexington, alone with me yesterday in my car. Lex, even with
her ice water, was uncomfortably hot. Since she is not an
undemonstrative little pyr girl, she was quick to tell me that she was
too hot. <g>. (She's 13 months, Jonah, 28 months.) Jonah and past pyrs,
has not complained about 68-70 degree temperatures, or the mildish heat
we had Friday. Their adult coat's had been  both, a great source of
insulation and protection for them. Whether it was for burning
temperatures or freezing ones. Concerning, very, young puppies, I just,
did not take them car traveling in hot weather.
    Could Lexington's discomfort be due to her non adult coat?
     Concerning car temperatures in heat; what I do thus far, is to try
to use common sense. ( Yes, really, I can, <BG>.) They travel with me
during warm weather when, the temperature is low enough, and wind,
breezy enough, for them to be in the car, with all windows open, without
any worry that they'll jump out. I guess 60 degrees through the very
low, 70's.
    Or when, I want or have to take them, in the heat of the summer, I
try to find shade, I leave my car locked, with the A/C on full blast and
the fresh air vent on, with plenty of water for them. They love it! My
car, probably doesn't.
     What else can I do to make the hot weather, car and travel
experience better, for us all?
Take good care,
Judith, Jonah & Lexi