Re: [PyrNet-L] the power of pyrs

Have you ever wondered just how strong your pyr really is.  Well
yesterday, while I was waiting at the high school for my son to return
from an event, I decided to take advantage of some free time for
grooming.  I tied 90 lb Molly to the pipe railing on the cement stairs.
We were using a Standard khaki training lead.  Well she was enjoying her
brushing as she usually does, and behaving, until she spotted an elderly
lady walking two small poodles in our direction.  Before I knew it,
Molly took off towards these dogs so hard that she snapped the 6 foot
leash in the middle.  Fortunately she was being sociable and friendly
with these dogs and I was able to catch up with her and tether her with
the remnants.  Now I know why at home, if we have to tether her, it is
on a wire run!!!!!
Nancy and "Molly"-- "and you are worried, mom ,about me being strong
enough for carting"