[PyrNet-L] Dilema

I have a real dilema.  We were planning on getting a pyr in May, it would be
our first one.  My brother just told my mom that he has to get rid of his
dogs, one is a pyr she is about 4yrs old I think and has been spayed.  I would
love to have her but I don't really know what she is like I know she has spent
most of her life outside and she has been around children. My brother has 5.
I told him I would take her for the weekend but my husband would rather get a
puppy, he says she wouldn't be like our dog  but would always be my brothers.
I would rather have a puppy too but I can't see her going to a shelter and I
want to give it a try with her.  Any advice?  Maybe I'll know more about her
after the weekend and see how things go, and I know all of you out there will
help me with any problems or questions I might have.

DeeDee